Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Lion's Prayer

A Personal Prayer


"But they who wait for the L-rd shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31

Forgive me Abba for my sins,
for the words misspoke,
 for my excesses,
for those things I try so desperately to hide.

Take from me the chains that bind,
that hold me down,
and choke my spirit.

Heal these wounds I have spent so long licking,
the pain that binds my feet and makes me stumble, 
the lies I have told myself for so long, 
this spirit of shame that stifles my soul.

Show me the love that You have professed for me,
not with these eyes made blind by my own doing,
not with this flesh tainted by my own transgressions,
but in the spirit You have placed within me.

Let Your love open these weary eyes,
that they might see this world as You do.

Restore this scar ridden flesh,
so that it might feel Your presence around me.

Awaken this sleeping spirit, HaShem. 

Place my feet upon the path You have laid out before me,
that I might not stray from the way You have anointed with Your commandments.

Blessed are You Ad-ni, 
who has restored onto me a new spirit,
given me the will to fight,
the mind to lead,
and a heart with which to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment